Saturday, May 2, 2009




Well, trust me, the posting will slow down... but while I have a few extra minutes, I wanted to show ya'll the 2 cards I have made so far this weekend. I really loved the colors on the first one, but something seemed kind of "off" for my sentiment and focal point of the card. I couldn't quite figure it out, but instead of add more, I followed the old addage "less is more" and left it alone. It's still kind of nagging me, but I have decided to just let it be. However, if you have a suggestion for something I might have been able to do to improve it, don't hesistant to leave me a message!


For the card, I used the following: SU Mellow Moss, Regal Rose, and Creamy Caramel. I used the stamp set Lots of Thoughts (sale-a-bration) and the cuttlebug folder "textile." I used nestablilities for the scalloped rectangle and my scallop circle punch for the center. Unknown brand of ribbon. I think it was from a coordinating set from Hobby Lobby.




My second card was really one that I liked. I made a total of eight and had to use 3 different colors of ribbon because every one I picked was at the end of the roll. In the end, I loved the brown ribbon the best.


Here is the recipe: SU Baja Breeze, Laundry Line Paper Block by My Mind's Eye for the patterned paper and basic cream and white card stock. I used chocolate chip ribbon and the SU stamp set Three Little Words. I don't know how clear it is in the picture, but I stitched a coordinating blue line at the bottom of the card. I used the blue thread that came with my Pixie. So far so good with the 2nd machine.... keep you fingers crossed.


I have a goal to make of couple of scrapbook pages today in honor of National Scrapbook Day. We will see how long I can burn the midnight oil!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blue card. It's so simple but elegant. Love the combination of the blue and brown. Great job!

    ReplyDelete